Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow dayyyyys

Over the weekend it snowed.  A LOT.  And we're supposed to get more tomorrow night into Wednesday.  I'm hoping (against hope, maybe) that the office is closed on Wednesday.  I have to work at job #2 tomorrow night as well.  Crossing my fingers that I'll get home okay.  My car doesn't always like bad weather.  But I did just get a brand-spankin'-new battery tonight.

I like snow days. But only if I can stay snuggled up inside watching movies and doing my crafty-old lady hobbies.  Saturday, I made healthier chocolate chip cookies.  (Which are gone, btw.  My uncle's a bit of a sweet tooth).  They were pretty good.  It was the first time that I made them, they were pretty much oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips instead of raisins.  I'll make my own adjustments next time I make them.

I also worked on one of the knitted blankets that I started a while ago.  It's a really pretty purple color, hopefully I'll finish it at some point within the next decade. I have 2 blankets and 2 scarves in progress right now.  I'm also working on a bead necklace.

I spent the rest of the day watching some movies on demand.  Thank you Verizon Fios.  I watched "The Ugly Truth" and "The Proposal".  I don't care what you say, I still love Katherine Heigl.  It was a pretty good movie.  I always like a good romantic comedy.  I also liked "The Proposal" because 1) Ryan Reynolds.  He's pretty AND funny (as is Ms Bullock).  2)  The scene where Sandra Bullock is chanting and dancing with Betty White.  I just about peed myself when she started in on "to the windows, to the wall".  I hope everyone had a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I watched the Proposal last night! The Betty White dancing scene was also my fav - sooo funny!

    Good luck and be careful with all that snow this week. One more reason I'm SO glad I live in the South..,

    ReplyDelete