Thursday, February 18, 2010

Go Go Power Rangers!

It's morphin time!  (even though my spell check doesn't recognize "morphin" as an actual word...details...)
I was at the gym on Saturday and they had the TVs on.  I was very surprised/excited/giddy to see that they were showing the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.  The original!
I was discussing this at job #2 on Tuesday night.  It's a little ridiculous how blatantly racist they were with the first batch of rangers.
The black ranger was black and the yellow ranger was Asian.  Umm...hello?  We didn't notice this as children, but I'm wondering now if they ever got in trouble for it. The customer that was there said "and what was with the pink ranger always being a girl?!?"  New favorite customer.


Also, we all know that Tommy (the green AND white ranger) was the shit.  Not going to lie--totally had a pre-pubescent crush on him.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED the Power Rangers. And TOTALLY had a crush on Tommy. My sister and I got in trouble for doing rockin' power rangers moves off the couch when we were little :)

    ReplyDelete