Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Boyfriend Application

Well, Valentine's Day is coming again.  No boy to share it with this year, which has led me to write this little list of what I look for in the opposite sex.

Boy Must:

Be within a desirable age range. If he's got to wait in the parking lot while I go get a drink at the bar, no thank you.  Mustn't be more than 5 or 6 years my senior either.  Maybe that'll get extended.

Please have an accent I can understand.  American, Irish, British, or something equally yummy.  If I can't understand what he's saying, he's going to have to move along.  I don't want to waste half my life asking him to repeat what he just said.

Do not have kids.  Don't get me wrong, I love kids.  But I would honestly rather start my own family than take over another one.  Having baby mamas in the picture usually makes things really messy.  If he's got baby mama drama, next!

We need to have shared interests so we have something to talk about.  If we share the same taste in music and books--perfect!

Drug free is the way to be.

Bonus points for:

Green eyes
Wearing glasses
Being a Vonnegut fan
Enjoying concerts/club shows
Being a Phillies fan
Enjoying museums

There's definitely more that would allow me to click with someone, these are just the basics.  I'm sure I'll edit.

1 comment:

  1. okay, you know you just totally described Tom if you subtracted the Phillies fan thing?...what are you trying to say? Do i have to get pregnant to keep you away? Or maybe i have to have Tom speak in a german accent whenever he is near you...i'm watching you missy! ~Katie

    ReplyDelete