Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Experiments in the Kitchen

I really love to bake.  It's cathartic for me.  Plus there's the added bonus of being able to eat deliciousness after I've de-stressed.  So I am very excited for this weekend.  Aunt and Uncle (who I live with) are launching the boat, so I'll have some free-reign in the kitchen.

I'm planning on experimenting with two recipes.  The first one I've been thinking about making for a while, so I've built it's yumminess up in my head and really hoping it doesn't suck.  And those are s'more brownies.  I'm going to manipulate my famous(ish) brownie recipe to accommodate some mini marshmallows.  Very exciting.

The second one I thought of the other day.  I LOVE to snack on raisins mixed with peanuts (so good, and such a cheap, healthy snack).  This is the poor man's version of GORP (raisins, peanuts, and m&m's).  I didn't have the m&m's--chocolate chips work too, except they melt.  Anyyummy, I'm going to make a GORP cookie (I hope).  It'll be mostly-healthy because the base will be oatmeal and wheat flour.  Hopefully it'll turn out well, I'll be so sad if it doesn't!

I know I'll be able to find some taste-testers for these.  If they turn out pretty I'll post the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment