Thursday, April 15, 2010

More Vaca Stuff

As Brother pointed out, I didn't mention anything about the one mall we visited.  It's called Coconut Point.  It's all open and there are a ton of shops and stuff. 

So we walked in and I looked up and THERE ARE CONDOS IN THE MALL.  FOR SALE.  I for serious found my new home.  The condos start at like $150,000. 

Everything I need is there...there was a DSW, a movie theater, a few restaurants, offices, and a super Target. It's just like a city block or village or something. AND it gets bonus points for being close to the beach.

There are some downsides to Coco Pt though.

For instance, hurricanes.  They suck.  Trust me.  I was there during Hurricane Charlie.  Not really my idea of a fun week. 

Also,  that area is a lot of strip malls and condo/development/neighborhood thingies.  Don't get me wrong, they're nice strip malls.  But I'd miss the colonial type houses that we've got in PA and the close proximity to the city.

Lastly (and most importantly), even though my mom's there and I miss her, most of the rest of my family is in this area.  And my adopted family (biffles) who I missed when I was away.  They just need to build something like that a little further north. 

PS--there will be something along those lines in the KOP.  The Village at Valley Forge.

2 comments:

  1. I if could convince Tom that the suburbs were okay, i would totally live in the Village at Valley Forge. Living *inside* one of the biggest malls in the country?! yes please! Help me convince him?
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps i am using the word biffles all the time now. Thanks! ~Katie

    ReplyDelete