Monday, July 26, 2010

Operation Shoebox - Support the Troops!

My brother posted this on Facebook last night.

Even if you don't support the war, you can still support the men and women who risk their lives every day.

"Hello, everybody. I wanted to get the word out to the ones that would definitely donate in the quickest way possible, as time is quickly approaching on this. If I did not tag you on this note, and you want to participate, by all means, do so.

The troops overseas are in need of very basic items to get through, such as personal hygiene products and basic snack items, provided by the people they are serving back home, to show that we support their efforts overseas. In 2003, one of the associations I am proud to be involved with started Operation Shoebox, in which a shoebox filled with these items would be sent to them. This is where we all need help.

Each shoebox of items will be $40 ($35 worth of product, and $5 in shipping). I ask that if you can give to this, please do so. As I will have to order all of the product myself and take it with me on August 14th, I will need to order it all NO LATER than August 9th, as I will have to have all the product in my possession by August 13th. I will be collecting money for this through August 8th.

This is a tax deductible donation. If you would, I can provide an invoice to show how much you donated.

Please, I can't do this without you. Please spread the word to everybody that may want to donate. I would like to load my car up so that I can barely see the mirrors while I'm driving to York. Our troops need our support!

I will accept on cash or personal check (the money has to go in my bank account to order the products anyway, so either way would work).

If there are any questions, do not hesitate to ask them. If you need my address, please message me, so that I can send it to you.

Remember, the deadline for this is August 8th."

If you'd like to help out please e-mail me.  I know most of you don't know me in "real" life, so if this sounds like a good program and you'd like to help you can visit the website here and go from there.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great program.

    I live near an army base and deal with the soldiers in my work all the time, and I'm sure it's something they'd appreciate.

    ReplyDelete