Monday, October 31, 2011

Applesauce, Fires, Yoga and Sushi

It was a pretty good week around here. I got together with one of my biffles for a delicious dinner at the sushi buffet. I ate so much. I slept really well that night, too. I think there may be a correlation.

The weekend wasn't all that exciting. We got some snow in this area, so we had a nice fire going and my aunt was cooking away in the kitchen. I learned how to make applesauce, too. It's really not that hard. Just peel and core the apples, put them in a pot, add some water, cook them down. She whisks it because we like it a little chunky, and you add cinnamon. And maybe some sugar depending on how tart the apples are. That's it. Then you eat a cup of warm applesauce because YUM. (Side note: applesauce is delicious on Belgian waffles.)

I spent the rest of the day sitting in front of the fire knitting. I made a lot of progress, so I'm happy about that. I can say that I will have it done in time for Christmas as planned.

I did manage to get myself to yoga both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday's my beginner class. I want to make sure I have a good foundation. Usually I'll head over to the gym and at least run after it. Sunday is the all levels Vinyasa. Vinyasa is when you flow from pose to pose. It kicks my butt. I did get myself into a half bind in side angle pose, though.  That's the next step in getting into bird of paradise.
Courtesy of Google

My strength and balance are getting better, and I really enjoy the classes.  I want to try a retreat sometime next year I think.  There's one this week in Vermont that combines yoga and knitting. Sounds kind of perfect for me.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment