Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fall: Leaves, Pumpkins, and Cute Clothes

Via PhiladelphiaFallFestival.com
I love fall. And it’s not because the first day of autumn usually falls on my birthday. I used to hate it because of school starting. But now, I love the change in the seasons.  The cool air coming in through the open window is welcome after all the humidity we had this year.  One of my favorite sounds is the wind through the crackly leaves. Am I too old for leave piles? This is why I borrow other people’s kids. I’m excited to get out my boots and my scarves (I have a lot), and wear my cute jackets. I’m such a fan of being cozy.  The only problem with fall is that it leads to winter, which would be fine if it only lasted like a week.  Or my office actually closed on snow days.
I’m also a fan of the food that comes along with the cooler weather. My aunt makes everything from scratch, and she starts to stock the freezer in October.  Cooking started Monday.  She got the bug and made 2 kinds of soup, a stew, meatballs, spaghetti sauce, and some meatloaves. 
I also start to eat oatmeal again when it gets cooler.  I feel like it’s too heavy for the warmer weather.  Health Magazine told me to put cocoa on plain oatmeal because cocoa has good-for-you-stuff in it. So I did.  And I added some peanut butter and a bit of sugar and OH MY GIDDY GOD was it GOOD! It’s like eating that Reese’s cereal stuff, but hot.  Try it.  You’ll thank me.
Aunt P also made pumpkin cookies.  I want everything pumpkin right now.  Including an actual pumpkin that I can carve.  Might have to do that this year, too. I hope everyone's enjoying the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment