Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cupcakes!

One of my biffle's birthday is tomorrow.  I have off work and am going to Hershey Park!  Soooo exciting.

I like to use any excuse to bake and try a new recipe, so I made her funfetti cupcakes.  I hate using boxed mixes, so I googled and ended up at Lovin' From the Oven.  The recipe I used is here.  I didn't make any changes or anything.  I got 16 cupcakes (which quickly turned to 15 as soon as they were cool enough for icing).

Here's the finished product:

I've never done piping before, so I'll have to work on making the icing look pretty...


After I took a big bite.

 The icing is soooo good.  I'm definitely going to keep it in reserve for other deliciousness.  Or if I just want to snack on some icing.

3 comments:

  1. I think those look loverly and VERY professional! And delicious. I wish you could email me some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at cupcake. Friggin' delicious!! I'm an icing whore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes look great. I don't get to eat cupcakes often. Once a year at one of my conferences they have them.

    And that conference was 2 weeks ago. Now I'm looking forward 50 weeks into the future because you made me think about cupcakes.

    Have fun at Hershey Park.

    ReplyDelete