Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I'm BaAaaaack

I haven’t written in a while.
Not because nothing has happened, I just haven’t felt like it. I didn't really mean to take a two month hiatus. Sorry.
So here’s the rundown:
·         I went to DC the weekend after Thanksgiving. My cousin goes to George Mason and Aunt Mary Ann was there visiting. So Aunt Irene, Katie, and I went down to visit. We also went to the Smithsonian. I wish we had more time there. I’ve never visited DC before-only driven through. Which seems silly now considering it’s only like 3 hours away.
·         I visited Mom and Papa Steve for 5 days the weekend before Christmas. It was fun and relaxing. It just doesn’t feel like Christmas down there. Although, I feel like more people decorate there than here.
·         Christmas was good. All of the gifts I got were useful and won’t sit in the bottom of my closet (like that purse-hanger thing I got last year). I got a Kindle Fire, gift cards, a pretty sweet Phillies hat (it’s plaid!), a very cozy blanket that I wish I was curled up in right now, this Wizard of Oz poster, and some other smaller things.
·         Kellifish had the baby! Her name is Lily Alaina and she’s a little peanut.
·         Coconuts (Dana) got engaged.
·         I set some goals for the New Year-most of which have to do with paying off debt. One has to do with jumping out of a plane with my brother.
·         I signed up for Code Academy’s Code Year. I have the first lesson sitting in my inbox and I plan to get to it this weekend.
·         I’ve been watching far too much Grey’s Anatomy. I’m trying to catch up to the current season. I’ve been knitting while watching, so at least I’m being productive.
·         The Foo Fighters and Blink 182 are playing Bamboozle this year. I really think I’ll need to go.
·         I want snow. Just one good snow day where I don’t have to go to work. Then it can be as mild of a winter as it wants.

I’m hoping by posting I’ll get back into the groove of writing. I hope everyone had a great holiday season!




PS-I'll post some photos of some of the things from the list later. I just felt like I needed to hit publish before I put it off any longer.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for code academy! I have been getting emails for Geek Girl Dinners Philadelphia (http://www.ggdphl.com/) and they have lots of stuff for networking with women in tech and a lot of stuff for designing in particular. Check it out - might be up your alley. You can follow them @ggdphl too! (I need to start blogging again too...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do the code academy tooooo!

    ReplyDelete