Thursday, January 19, 2012

Javawhat?

I did my first Codecademy Code Year lesson last night. If you haven't heard of it-it's a free way to learn Javascript, which is one of the beginner-friendly code languages. I feel pretty accomplished, but I don't know how much of the information I retained.

It explained what code to write and what is does. But the lessons don't really explain how to apply it or why I'm being shown how to do loops or whatever. I'm hoping that it will get a little more descriptive as I go along and I'll be a javascript genius in a few months.

I also want to learn html/xhtml. I do marketing e-mails for work and I'd love to not have to use the templates-some of which are very outdated looking. I have a "For Dummies" book and a few books my step-dad gave me from his classes (he teaches about computers, etc). I'm also hoping that I'll be good enough at this stuff to do it on the side so I can quit job #2.

I just need to stop knitting and watching so much Grey's Anatomy and get on it. My problem is that when I tell myself not to do something, then that thing is all I want to do.

Fingers crossed I can get over that sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment