Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cast On

Image via google
I love knitting. 
I love being able to make something and give it to someone I care about and it meaning something.  I’m a big fan of making gifts for people.  There was a year or two that I made pimp cups for all my friends for their birthdays.  They were pretty sweet if I do say so myself.
Anyway.
I have more yarn than I have time to turn into things.  I'd like to do a craft fair some time and sell the scarves and washclothes that I have piling up.  I can make a scarf without looking at my hands-which means it’s perfect when I’m catching up on the TV that I missed.  But when I’m working on something with a pattern, like a blanket, it become almost meditative.  Knit, purl, knit, purl, knit, etc.  It stops my brain. In a good way. And there are few things that can stop what goes on in my head.
I’m working on a baby blanket for my baffle.  I hope it turns out cute.  I also I hope I get it done in time for her shower.  I also have plans to make a little hat for her.  I need to find a pattern that I can manipulate a little.
Maybe one day I’ll get to the blanket that I want to make for myself.  Do you have any favorite hobbies?
Happy long weekending!


2 comments:

  1. If you want the pattern I've been working on, let me know. It's actually pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous that you can knit. I tried...I really did. I have been working on the same scarf since 2008. I just never got anywhere with it.

    You should sell your stuff! I bet it's fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete