Monday, September 12, 2011

And There Was A Wedding

Kellifish is now a Missus!  I'm so unbelievably happy for them.  She's now lounging on a beach in Aruba spending time with her hubby.  As the MOH, I had to give a speech. I hate public speaking.  I always have. I don't know why.  I'm great one on one, but in front of 20-50-100 people I get nervous, my heart pounds, I get really hot, and turn various shades of pink.  Here's my speech.  Short and sweet so I could sit the eff down quickly.


I’ve known Kelli since 8th grade.  And we’ve talked a lot about weddings and getting married and prospective grooms, but back then we were mostly referring to Justin Timberlake (and fighting over him). 
We’ve seen each other through a lot- boyfriends and breakups, hard times and the best times.  Almost three years ago we were hanging out and Kelli started getting texts from some guy at her new job.  She said his name was D and said that she was “like, in love with him. Well not in love, but you know what I mean.”  So I knew I had to keep an eye on this one. 
It doesn’t seem like too long ago that they started dating. And it seems like just yesterday that D contacted me for a top secret mission and sent me some pictures of engagement rings.  Since getting to know D and seeing him and Kelli together, you can just feel how much they care about each other and you get a sense of the love that’s there.
The afternoon of the rehearsal dinner Kelli, Amanda, and I were talking upstairs and we heard D laughing at something on TV downstairs.  And Kelli said “I love Saturday mornings when I’m still lying in bed and I just hear him laughing at something on TV.”   And I could see in her face how happy she is and how they’re just right.
I’m so excited for you two as you start your new life and your family.  And I wish you all the best. 


The wedding was lovely.  They had a piper since D is Scottish.  She/we got compliments on her dress, the bridesmaids dresses, the centerpieces (which we made), the flowers and everything.  I really feel blessed to have been a part of it. She's the first one of my close friends to get married, and even though it was stressful I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Congratulations, Biffle!


No comments:

Post a Comment