Monday, August 8, 2011

I Can't Think of a Title...

Last week was a rollercoaster.  And not of love. (Say what?)  (Now I’m going to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day).
I had official wedding duties, helped a friend (ok, ex-manfriend) going through a really hard time (he’s feeling a lot better and is going to work on the stuff that he needs to work on), finally got to the city (Varga! Yay!), and cleared most of my to-do list.  So I checked out during my free time.  I hardly read (Knit Two-Friday Night Knitting Club novel (I wish I was in a knitting club)), but I watched a lot of On Demand.  Which doesn’t really count as productive, but I needed it.
This week is going to be more of the same: taking the bad with the good.  My mom had an MRI and was diagnosed with stenosis.  She’s going to meet with her doctors and figure out what her options are.  And this weekend I’m headed to the shore with the rest of the bridal party to relax.  This is Kellifish’s bachelorette weekend. Which will be really low-key considering she’s pregnant and three of the other girls are under 21.  I’m hoping that goes off without a hitch (fingers crossed).
On a completely unrelated note-I hurt.  I’ve increased my workout time to 4 days a week and I overdid it this weekend.  I finished out week 2 of the couch to 5k program and did some (too heavy) weights Saturday, and then I went to vinyasa yoga on Sunday and headed into the city.  I didn’t do too much walking because it was ridiculously humid, but my friend lives on the third floor, so there were stairs.
I’ll be looking for a 5k to do in the fall.  Hopefully I won’t make a fool of myself.  What’s a good time for a 5k? I feel like 30 minutes would be good for me.  Anyone have any running tips?





PS- I skipped the gym today.  I'll make it up later in the week, but I can hardly walk right today let alone run. I hate making excuses.  Urgh.

1 comment:

  1. I've been a real slacker for working out lately. Going to California for a few days, I'll have to get at it when I get back.

    ReplyDelete