Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Because Why Not Choose Mid-July to Realign with Some Goals?

Number One- Stop spending so much money.  I was doing fairly well for a long time, then one fateful day I went clothes shopping and spent too much.  Since then I've bought a computer (which, thankfully, my mom and step-dad helped me with), software for said computer, a desk, an end table for my printer, a lamp, and some random stuff from Target, Michael's, and who knows where else that I probably didn't need. On the bright side, I have a nice little office area set up.

And then Discover sent me a letter today reminding me of my credit line.  Encouraging me to spend more.  Thanks guys.

Numero Dos- Get back in line with what my body needs to be healthy and run the way it should.  I'm home today.  I got about 3-4 hours sleep last night.  I could either go to work and be zombie girl and less productive than normal, or I could go back to bed and use the sick time that's just sitting there.  I went back to bed.

I haven't slept well all week.  I hope I'm not turning into an insomniac-I'm choosing to believe it's at least partially caused by antibiotics.  At least that's where I'm banking on the upset stomach coming from.  My goal is to get to the gym for cardio and strength training at least 2 days a week and going to yoga 1 day.  Thank goodness for groupon.  I've also bought myself a massage voucher (half off!).  I was planning on getting myself a massage for my b-day in September, so it kind of worked out since the voucher is good until January.  Win (except that I had to spend money on both the yoga and the massage, but it's better than paying full price).

I also need to resolve to eat more fruits and veggies and less baked goods from job #2.  I love fruit and veggies, so it's more of getting back in the habit than anything else.  I hate using the word "diet" thought.  Whenever I've committed to a "diet", it's never worked out well.  Except with Weight Watchers.  The points seriously made it easy.

Trois- My travel goal for this year was to go somewhere not involving family.  It was temporarily shifted to include my now ex, so I want to make a plan for myself.  I'm thinking maybe Boston for a long weekend.  Or if I extend the goal to next year, I'd like to go to San Francisco.  Actually, I've been itching to visit the west coast for forever.  I know this costs money, but I started a separate travel fund back in December.  Money automatically gets moves each week, and I have something to look forward to.

The ultimate goal is to be less stressed, healthier, and happier.  Fingers crossed I get there.

1 comment: