Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Goals 2010 Status Update

So far 2010 is off to a roaring start, and I'm pretty proud of myself.  I've started my blog, although sometimes I feel like I had more ideas about what to write before I actually had it.  I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that ideas and posts will come more easily to me once I get more comfortable.  I'm very sarcastic (I speak sarcasm fluently), but it doesn't always come across that way in writing.  I'll work on it.

I've also cleaned out my clothes.  I've bagged up the stuff that I know I absolutely will not wear again.  And I have a smaller group of stuff that I could wear again after I get to the gym more.  So I'll save those to try on later.  My dresser drawers actually close all the way without me cramming and stuffing my clothes in, so I'd say mission accomplished.  (BTW, the clothes that I'm getting rid of are either going to Purple Heart or if I can find somewhere that will take them for the Haitian relief effort.)  Now I just have to try not to shop.  I accidentally bought 2 shirts on Monday.  I bought a couple of things at H&M.  They are taking monetary donations and matching them penny for penny.  So 5 cents becomes 10 cents, and $10 becomes $20.

I'm very excited that my gym is open!  It's only on limited hours because they're still working on some parts of the place, like the locker room and showers.  But since I live across the street, all I really care about is the equipment.  I've gone twice this week so far, and I'll go on Saturday as well.  I have a bad habit of being gung-ho about stuff and then the weekend comes and all my resolve goes out the window.  I need to get myself into a schedule and I'll  be fine.  Practice makes perfect (or something encouraging).

My gym goal next week is to get on the weight machines.  They intimidate me.  I don't want to use them wrong and then have other gym-goers wonder what the eff I'm doing.  I'll also probably hurt myself.  Is appropriate to have a spotter when I can only manage about 10 pounds.  Okay, okay...maybe 15.

2 comments:

  1. Well, let me one of the first to welcome you to the wild world of blogging! ;)

    You're a really good writer... I'm sure those ideas will start flowing off your tongue with sarcastic wit in no time. You'll start looking at the world in a new way - with your "blog hat" on - ha! And a little stage fright at first is absolutely normal (at least it was in my case, so that's what i tell myself).

    Glad to have you here. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the weights don't intimidate me, the boys who watch me use them do.

    ReplyDelete