If you remember, I set forth some goals for myself at the beginning of the year. So here's what I've achieved:
- Go to gym/lose some poundage/get healthy(skinny) Yes! I joined the gym across the street from my house and started doing yoga and Weight Watchers in September. I lost around 15 pounds, and would like to drop a little more.
- Start a blog. Hi! Thanks for reading my mostly mindless ramblings!
- Pay off credit cards. I've got one left to go, and it should be done by April.
- Get passport. I did this the Monday after Christmas (nothing like waiting until the last minute!), so I'll be getting it in a few weeks.
- Cross 2 items off life list. I started yoga and bought vouchers for rock climbing and aerial acrobatics. I haven't used the vouchers so much, so I guess I didn't completely achieve this one, but it's okay.
- Find an apartment. I'm putting this one off because I have to get a new car and I want to continue to pay off debts. Maybe this will happen next year if I can find a roommate.
- Get organized (I'm terrible at keeping stuff in it's "home"). This is a continuing goal. I've gotten a lot better about things.
- Volunteer (My main cause is the National MS Society, but I'm interested in finding others as well). Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to do this. Between working two jobs and still trying to have a social life, it kind of fell through the cracks. I did, however, donate to the USO, the Kristen Brooks Hope Center, and took part in the James Garfield miracle, so I think I did alright.
- Clean out clothes. Also ongoing, but I did donate two big bags of clothes that I don't wear to one of those clothes drop boxes. This one happened to support the MS Society.
- Go through boxes from last move. I did this some, but I hate going through old stuff. I don't know if it's stirring up bad memories, or deciding what's not important any more, but I don't like it. I'll finish in the Spring. I'll make myself get into one of my cleaning moods.
I hope that everyone had a happy and fun New Year. I spent mine watching a drag show at a gay bar. So. Much. Fun! I'll be sure to post soon with my 2011 goals. I just haven't 100% decided what I'd this year to bring yet.