Thursday, November 18, 2010

In 12 Hours I'll Be in a Movie Theater


It’s heeeeere! It’s Harry Potter day, people. (-Don’t call him Harry Potter- Cuz my name is H Piddy).


I’m a little slow to get on the stuff-that’s-popular train. A lot of the time I rebel against stuff without giving it a chance because I don’t want to do/listen to/read what everyone else is. I boycotted Harry Potter when the first movie came out because I distinctly remember someone saying it was “The Wizard of Oz for a new generation”. AND NO. It’s not. The Wizard of Oz is a classic and my favoritest movie of all time and you can’t go comparing it some new movie with British kids no one has ever heard of. NO.

Then, after years of pleading from my biffle, Kellifish, I started the first book when the seventh came out. And I read them straight through. By the time I got to the last one, I was so attached to the characters that I was crying (I’m emotional to begin with). So I watched and own all of the movies, and went to the midnight show of the sixth. And tonight TONIGHT is the first half of the seventh book. I watch the trailer and I get goose bumps. The movies have been getting better and better, and I thought the last one was great, so I’m very excited.  And it's just a bonus that there's no job#2 tonight, or job #1 tomorrow.

The plan is to go home, take a nap, and grab some coffee on the way to the movie.

Also, I heart Daniel Radcliffe—watch his episode of Inside the Actor’s Studio if you ever get the chance.







PS-No, I’m not one of those people who gets dressed up for the movie.   Kellifish does have a HP tshirt though.

1 comment:

  1. Having never read or watched any HP yet, but wanting to get into it, I've been debating whether I should do the books or the movies. What do you suggest? I'm just afraid I won't get through all those massive books!

    ReplyDelete