Thursday, February 17, 2011

Here Comes the Bride....

No, not me!

About two weeks ago one of my biffles (best friends), Kellifish got engaged! I’m so excited for them! They’ve been together for two years and have been living together for over a year (officially). I love them as a couple and I haven’t seen her this happy in the twelve years that I’ve known her. I was so honored that he sent me pictures of rings to get my opinion on what would suit her.


This is also the first wedding that I’m in where I get to participate a little in the planning. I’ve been in family weddings before when I was younger, but my job was just to carry some flowers and walk straight down the aisle.

They’ve decided to get married in September, so there’s a lot to do. So far we’ve been dress shopping (she found hers!) and I’ve been helping her get ideas about vendors, etc. She’s so stressed out already since she’s in school and working full-time, but thankfully her fiancé is more than happy to help her with planning stuff. Well, the big stuff. He may draw the line at flowers.

She hasn’t chosen her MOH yet-it’s between me and her sister. (I’m surprised she hasn’t just gone with her sister, but apparently she’s not being 100% supportive.) Any advice for a first time bridesmaid? Or advice on keeping the bride sane?



 
 

2 comments:

  1. As a bridesmaid, the best thing you can do is what is asked of you. Whether that's advice on flowers, holding her dress while she pees or keeping her Uncle Buddy away from the bar and/or the microphone. Every bride is different in what she expects from her bridesmaids. Offer to help in the areas where you're strongest. And be there for her when she needs to vent or bounce around ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I kind of miss the bridesmaid phase! Every bride is different in what they want based on my experience. So offer to help wherever you can and accept when it's offered. Any cute groomsmen? If so, you'll have another job at the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete